The UF Cardholder Agreement: What You Need to Know
The University of Florida (UF) offers its students and employees a variety of financial tools, including credit cards and prepaid debit cards. To ensure responsible use of these resources, the university has created a cardholder agreement that outlines the rules and regulations governing their use.
Here are some key points to keep in mind about the UF Cardholder Agreement:
1. The agreement applies to all cardholders. Whether you are a student, faculty member, staff member, or other affiliated individual, if you have a UF card, you are subject to the terms of the agreement.
2. The agreement covers both credit cards and prepaid debit cards. The university offers both types of cards to its cardholders, and the rules outlined in the agreement apply to both.
3. The agreement outlines fees and charges. This includes annual fees, interest rates, and any other charges that may be associated with the card.
4. Cardholders are responsible for reporting lost or stolen cards. If your card is lost or stolen, you must report it immediately to the UF Card Services office to avoid unauthorized charges.
5. Cardholders must use the card responsibly. This means not using the card for illegal or unethical purposes, and not exceeding your credit limit or available balance.
6. The agreement outlines dispute resolution processes. If you have a dispute with a merchant or another party related to your card, the agreement provides information on how to resolve the issue.
7. Cardholders are responsible for keeping their personal information up to date. This includes providing accurate contact information and notifying the university of any changes to your name, address, or other personal details.
8. Failure to comply with the terms of the agreement can result in consequences. This can include having your card suspended or cancelled, as well as legal action if necessary.
In summary, the UF Cardholder Agreement is an important document that outlines the rules and regulations governing the use of credit and debit cards issued by the university. As a cardholder, it is your responsibility to read and understand this agreement, and to use your card responsibly in accordance with its terms. For more information, visit the UF Card Services website or contact their office directly.